Back in the day.....when I had one child....coupon clipping and more importantly using was easy. My baby girl was such a good little shopper. She was quiet and Mom could concentrate on what she needed. I would save so much money with coupons. One time I saved $80 at the grocery store~and the bill prior to the coupons was only about $120. It was so much fun and Mike would always be so amazed at my bargain shopping skills.
Well...2 more children added to the mix....coupon shopping isn't so easy. Anyone that knows me and my family knows that Mike usually works all the time. That leaves me to do everything- with all 3 kids in tow. And Mikey- my 3 year old who at one time had a speech delay- is now making up for it and NEVER shuts his mouth. While I am overjoyed that my little man is talking- especially because the thought he had aparaxia and would NEVER speak- it makes it REALLY hard to concentrate. When Mikey isn't talking his head off, Max is jabbering away and so is Delani. I have 3 blabber mouths. So...coupon use became pretty non-existent. I would use a coupon here and there but not to the extent that I had in the past. This all changed when I found this awesome blog. This blogger seriously inspired me. She tells where and how to get the best deals!
Since I have gone back to my coupon addiction- I have bought SmartOnes meals from Target for .40 each- regularly $1.99, a Bella Cucine Rocket Blending Set - regularly $60 for $9.99, Bic mechanical pencils- Staples paid me .50 to buy them- for the two pack it is usually $2.49 each- they were on special for .25 each- I bought 2 and used a buy 2 save $1 coupon, a DKNY sundress from Macy's- regularly $90- I paid $17.80. I am having so much fun doing it!
I must admit...I haven't done all of this coupon shopping with all 3 children in tow by myself. Tonight I went to Target by myself since Grandma has the older two for the night and Maxy Man stayed with Daddy. The blending set and the sundress- Grandma was there. Staples- I was alone with all 3 and they did behave. Maybe because I read them the riot act before entering the store! But I have promised myself that I will get my coupons organized and USE them! Even if I have to take all 3 munchkins with me!
Let's face it...the economy sucks right now...any extra money in the pocket is a bonus! Hopefully I can keep up with this. The only thing I am worried about is stores taking the Internet coupons. When I went to Seabra- the nice little girl behind the register said "I can't take Internet coupons because so many are fake!" Mike thought I was going to kill her- but I just said ok and made a mental note not to go there with coupons! All I have to say is Stop and Shop better take them...if not I will be pissed! I have 2 coupons Buy 1 gallon of milk get a 1/2 gallon of chocolate milk free and 2 free gallon of milk with a $100 purchase! They better take those damn coupons!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment